BOSCH MS3 Sport GT3 Cup Now Available
Autometrics Motorsports is proud to announce the release of Bosch’s MS 3 Sport GT3 Cup, an engine control unit developed in conjunction with Autometrics Motorsports that allows a wide range of end-user tuning on 996 and 997 GT3 Carrera Cups. The MS3 Sport GT3 is available now for $6,000.
Until now, owners of Porsche 996 and 997 GT3 Cup cars have had two choices with regards to engine tuning: continue using the locked, largely un-programmable original equipment ECU or attempt to circumvent Porsche factory programming with complex and unreliable add-on hardware. Experience has shown the stock ECU strictly limits engine tuning while add-on hardware performs inconsistently at best and, at worst, damages the car’s drivetrain.
With Bosch’s new MS 3 Sport GT3 Cup owners of 996 and 997 Porsche GT3s are able to change numerous parameters to their liking. Features of the MS3 Sport Gt3 Cup include:
- Pin configuration via ModasSport for all variants of 996 GT3 Cup. No wiring changes needed when switching to MS3 Sport for GT3 Cup.
- Pins can be configured manually to adapt to any combination of GT3 Cup engine and chassis harnesses
- CAN2 output via existing MoTec ADL specification
- Compatible with existing C5 logger and DDU7/C50 display/logger series
- CAN input for ABS M4 wheel speed input to enable traction control
- CAN input for TC and Launch Control switches
- Base ‘safe’ calibration for 4.0liter engine and H-pattern gearbox.
- Sensor calibrated for early 996 (but always to be verified by the installer)
- Sequential gearbox control
- Bosch Motorsport USB drive containing ready-made ModasSport workbases, folders, WinDCP configurations, WinDarab v7 Free, and of course the Bosch Motorsport catalog will be provided.
- The MS3 Sport plug and play ECU software development is complete for 996 variants, 997 variants coming Jan. 2014.
- Dyno and track testing has been successful using a customer’s 996 GT3 Cup with 4.0l engine and H-pattern box.
- I/O testing and start-up testing has been performed on other variants of 996/997.
- 3.6l and 3.8l base hexes possibly downloadable from website (pending test customer calibration)
- TC base calibration downloadable from website (pending test customer calibration)
- Pin compatibility for 997 generations coming January 2014 per our agreement with Porsche
Make the most of your GT3 Cup and order your Bosch MS3 Sport GT3 Cup from Autometrics Motorsports today. Contact us at 843.763.7356.
Dealers are also encouraged to contact us for special pricing.